Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bird On the Wire by Leonard Cohen





Bird On The Wire

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.
Like a worm on a hook,
like a knight from some old fashioned book
I have saved all my ribbons for thee.
If I, if I have been unkind,
I hope that you can just let it go by.
If I, if I have been untrue
I hope you know it was never to you. 

Bird On The Wire by Leonard Cohen Analysis

Being free is being you. If this is true you risk hurting people, but you also stand to become who you act like. The hurt that results from attempting to follow your heart, is not intended to cause pain to others, it's only doing what you believe to be right at the time. The bird on the wire is like the person above said, it's connected but at the same time apart. A necessity in any life, which limits but also affirms. The wire soon becomes something you are dependent upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment